Teen dies from using cellphone while taking a bath

A Texas teen died Sunday morning while using her cellphone in a bathtub, according to reports.

Madison Coe, 14, was electrocuted taking a bath at her father’s home in Lovington, New Mexico, news station KCBD reported.

Relatives told KCBD that the accident was caused either when she plugged in her phone while in the bathtub or grabbed the phone as it was being charged.

The 14-year-old, who was from Lubbock, Texas, had recently graduated from eighth grade at Terra Vista Middle School.

“It is with heavy hearts that Frenship Independent School District mourns the loss of Madison Coe. We wish to share our heartfelt sympathy with her family and friends as we carry the burden of this tragedy together,” district officials said in a statement.

Friends created a GoFundMe page Sunday to raise money for her funeral.

“Our hearts go out to their family during this difficult time,” the GoFundMe campaign said.

Too sad, please let’s all get educated on the use of electrical products near water.

 

NY Post

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s