A New Hampshire man who was badly burned in a house explosion is praising Siri for helping save his life.
Christopher Beaucher of Springfield went to check on his mother’s vacant cottage in Wilmot that was up for sale when he saw something suspicious through the window on May 1, WMUR reported.
When he went inside and turned on the light, the house exploded, leaving Beaucher with serious burns to his face, hands and knees.
The severely injured man stumbled outside, reached his burning Land Rover and grabbed his iPhone, which he struggled to use because of his injured hands.
“Luckily, I had the presence of mind to use Siri to dial 911. I was going into shock too so having Siri to dial 911 for me was critical,” he said.
“I’m very, very lucky to be alive. The whole place immediately caught fire… part of it collapsed while I was in it during the initial explosion so I couldn’t really tell where I was,” he told WMUR.
Rescuers rushed Beaucher to Massachusetts General Hospital, where he is now recovering.
His friend Alan George has set up a GoFundMe page to help raise $5,000 to help cover medical expenses until he can get back to his job as a chef at the New London Inn. Almost $3,000 had been raised by Monday morning.
“You know, I’m going to be OK after all of this. It’s just going to take a while,” he said.